We love bringing new families into our Kidz2Leaders community! The journey for a child at Kidz2Leaders begins at ages eight through ten with our entry-point program, Camp Hope. This week-long overnight camp for children of inmates is just the first step toward more than a decade of program opportunities that will be offered to your child and family.
If you know of a friend or family member who would be eligible for Camp Hope, please contact Hope Rosenlund, Associate Director.
New campers must:
- Be 8-10 years old.
- Have at least one parent that is incarcerated.
- Be ready to experience the best week of their life!
What do campers do at Camp Hope?
- Share a cabin with other campers their age and gender along with several adult and teen counselors.
- Experience fun activities such as boating, swimming, fishing, biking, horseback riding, arts & crafts, singing and dancing, sports, games, and so much more! (If you don’t know how to do it, we will teach you!)
- Learn about love, forgiveness, trust, and joy, and how these words apply to their lives through daily devotions and kid-friendly all-camp worship times.
- Enjoy three yummy and healthy family-style meals and snacks each day.
- Make life-long friendships with peers and develop safe, healthy relationships with caring adult role models.
Hear from Camp Hope Alumni
How would you describe being a camper at Camp Hope?
- “Camp Hope is my second home. It is another place of loving!” – BB, 20 years-old
- “Camp Hope is a week filled with God, love, and laughter.” – KC, 26 years-old
- “Camp Hope gives you a better outlook on life.” – BS, 20 years-old