To our Camp Hope Family,
We are sad to know state leaders have formally determined overnight camp is an unsafe activity this summer. Our disappointment is heavy, but we understand and agree with the decision, and always want to do what is best for these kids we love so very much! One of our favorite camp songs pulls from scripture reminding us, “Though our sorrows may last for a night, His joy comes in the morning!”
Our team has been working for weeks in anticipation of this possible outcome to design revised, meaningful summer programming that will allow us to continue toward our essential mission of providing stability, opportunity, and a Christian community. Highlights of our plans include:
- Visits to each camper family to deliver food, supplies, and materials for fun camp activities that can be done at home. This will allow us the opportunity to check in with each family to see how we can best provide support.
- A virtual capstone project for Interns4Tomorrow students who can’t visit businesses in June. This includes student-led Zoom interviews with several professionals in their fields of interest.
- Day-long “camp style” activities for small groups of youth, providing community and a much needed but safe, break from isolation.
- Small-group support activities for parents coinciding with activities for kids.
- Disbursement of school supplies to camper families to support either distanced, or traditional, learning in the fall.
- Possible in-person internships for students in the Interns4Tomorrow program, if safe. If not remote projects and training opportunities will continue, allowing students to earn this promised income.
- Overnight weekend retreats for each age-group of campers, whenever this is deemed safe.
- Continued individual support for families as needed, including emergency financial assistance and resource referrals.
We will be sharing details about the volunteer and financial needs associated with these activities in the upcoming weeks, and this plan won’t be possible without you!
We are grateful knowing this community will be there to help ensure our youth feel the love of the Lord, and their Camp Hope Family, throughout the summer. Praying for you and that your families are safe and well!