“But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” – Joshua 24:15
Our Family Support programs provides safety, respite, encouragement, and fun, while creating a space to teach caregivers about Kidz2Leaders values, and equipping families to reinforce these values at home. Once a camper completes at least one year of Camp Hope, their family is invited to participate in these year-round activities. In all of our Family Support programming, we strive to generate trust and develop stronger relationships within the K2L community.
The following Family Support programs are offered to Camp Hope campers and their families:
- Family Day field trips throughout the year allow families to experience a fun and free outing in a safe and controlled environment. In the past, we have enjoyed Braves games, Hawks games, and Zoo Atlanta, providing families with the opportunity to bond with other K2L participants.
- Family Retreats are semi-annual weekend opportunities for our participants to enjoy fellowship with other Kidz2Leaders families, experience fun camp activities, and unite as a family unit. On family retreats, we teach the basic Christian principles that are taught at Camp Hope — love, forgiveness, trust, and joy — providing parents and caregivers with a glimpse into their child’s camp experience.
- Hope4Christmas is our annual Holiday celebration full of Christmas activities, fun camp games, a guardian meeting, and a rendition of the Christmas story as told in the Bible. All campers who participated in Camp Hope that year are invited to attend with their families. Lunch, presents, and incentives are given to participating families.
- Kidz2Leaders also offers a monthly Food Bank to our families. Donations are given to us by MidWest Food Bank in Peachtree City, and we have volunteers help sort these items for distribution to K2L families.
- Financial Support is sometimes offered to our families on a small scale. Our staff also connect families with other non-profits and resources that can help provide additional support when needed.
“I was the parent left at home. Kidz2Leaders has been a significant part of our lives. I don’t know what I would have done without them. They showed my sons the opportunities in life that are out there for them. They gave them a chance to experience different things that they otherwise would not have experienced, and for that, I am grateful. I love the program. I love what you’ve done for my sons. I love what you’ve done for me!” – Mother of two former campers
Volunteer with Family Support
Experience a joy-filled weekend with our families as a Family Support volunteer!