“Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.” – Colossians 3:23
Due to COVID-19, our plans for this summer have been adjusted to accommodate business closures. Here are the changes to the Interns4Tomorrow program:
MARCH – MAY
- Monthly training conducted through Zoom meetings.
- A virtual capstone project for Interns4Tomorrow students who can’t visit businesses in June. This includes student-led Zoom interviews with several professionals in their fields of interest.
- Selection of Elgar Scholars through virtual interviews.
- Possible in-person internships for students in the Interns4Tomorrow program, if safe. If not, remote projects and training opportunities will continue, allowing students to earn this promised income.
The Interns4Tomorrow program provides high school students with college and career readiness training, as well as real-life internship opportunities in metro-Atlanta businesses.
Our goal is to empower young adults with the skills needed to make informed and confident choices about their future. With the knowledge and experiences gained through Interns4Tomorrow, students will have a better opportunity to dream and plan for next steps after high school.
- Qualification: Interns4Tomorrow is by invitation only to high school students who have successfully completed at least eight years of Kidz2Leaders programming. Students can participate in the program for two years.
- Curriculum: Interns will learn basic business etiquette, how to write a resume, interview properly, and dress professionally. We will also spend time creating a development plan for their future, mapping out goals for each year. Each intern has a Business Coach that works directly with them to maximize training and professional connections.
- Schedule: Interns participate in once a month Saturday trainings in the fall and spring. In June and July, students begin their paid three-week internships at metro-Atlanta based businesses. In addition to monthly trainings, they also attend a business tour, college tour, and a service project day. At the end of the summer, the students create a presentation for the business partnerships and the Board of Directors about their internship experience. Every two years, the Interns4Tomorrow program provides a business trip for each intern to New York City after successful training and internship completion. Lastly, interns participate in a money management retreat each fall, designed to help teach the basics of financial literacy.
- Scholarship: After completing the Interns4Tomorrow program, graduates are eligible for the Elgar Scholarship to help fund accredited vocational school, technical school, or a two or four-year institution of higher learning as a full-time student.
Volunteer with Interns4Tomorrow
Our students rely on experienced role models to guide them through the program. Help change the trajectory of the life of a teen by volunteering with I4T!
Interns4Tomorrow Program Dates
Interns4Tomorrow is a year-round program of Kidz2Leaders. Check out our program dates for 2020!
Contact Courtney Conway, Leadership Programs Manager.
“Everything from my first laptop and a trip to New York to just the professional skills I have learned, I couldn’t possibly come up with the words to say how grateful I am to everyone that supports Kidz2Leaders and Camp Hope.” – Former Intern